What is wrong with this doc comment

From: Ben Key
Subject: What is wrong with this doc comment
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 23:47:07 -0500

Hello,

The following is the doc comment I am using for my new
ns-keychain-create-item function.  It does not yield the expected
results.

doc: /* Create a new item in KEYCHAIN with label ITEM and password PASSWORD.
The remaining arguments are optional.  They specify attributes for the keychain
item in the form of key-value pairs.  The keys are keyword symbols, starting
with a colon.

Example:
  \(secrets-create-item \"Tramp collection\" \"item\" \"geheim\"
   :method \"sudo\" :user \"joe\" :host \"remote-host\"\)

The object path of the created item is returned. */

The resulting help message is as follows.

ns-keychain-create-item is a built-in function in `C source code'.

(ns-keychain-create-item ARG1 ARG2 ARG3 &rest REST)

Create a new item in KEYCHAIN with label ITEM and password PASSWORD.
The remaining arguments are optional.  They specify attributes for the keychain
item in the form of key-value pairs.  The keys are keyword symbols, starting
with a colon.

Example:
  (secrets-create-item "Tramp collection" "item" "geheim"
   :method "sudo" :user "joe" :host "remote-host")

The object path of the created item is returned.

Why does the help message have ARG1 ARG2 ARG3 &rest REST instead of
KEYCHAIN ITEM PASSWORD?

Thanks.