Re: just-the-text Emacs frame

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: just-the-text Emacs frame
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 11:23:40 +0200

Julien Danjou skrev 2011-06-06 10.38:
On Fri, Jun 03 2011, Jan Djärv wrote:

This might not behave as you wish.  Some window managers (metacity at least)
apply struts to all windows made by an application if one window has struts
set.  For Emacs that would mean that if you set struts on one frame, it
applies to all frames.

I don't believe you. That sounds like an extra amount of code to write
that would break EWMH explicitely. Quickly reading Metacity source code
makes me believe that you're wrong too.

(Now, I don't have time to find/write an app to check that, so, one of
us is wrong! :-)

I tried this with Emacs and it does behave the way I described. If it is a metacity bug or not, I don't know.

        Jan D.