Re: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services

From: Ben Key
Subject: Re: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 20:08:26 -0500

Hello,

I am working on this task.  I need some advice.

The Keychain Services allows you to store items in the Default Keychain, the Login Keychain (which may be the
Default Keychain), or in a separate Keychain file.  Should I use the Default Keychain or use an Emacs specific Keychain file?  The benefit of using the Default Keychain is that the user should never be prompted to provide a password for the Keychain.  However, keeping the passwords in a separate, Emacs specific, Keychain file would have the benefit of keeping the passwords used by Emacs separate from other passwords.

Any opinions?