Re: Move sha1 to C?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Move sha1 to C?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:57:25 -0300

> I change Makefile.in in topdir to include crypto/sha1 from gnulib and
> run ./configure and make sync-from-gnulib and this introduces lots of
> changes, specifically those marked with * in the following list:

>     edited               Makefile.in
>                          lib/
> *   edited               lib/gnulib.mk
> *   unregistered         lib/sha1.c
> *   unregistered         lib/sha1.h
> *   edited               lib/verify.h
>                          lisp/
>     edited               lisp/bindings.el
>     removed              lisp/sha1.el
>                          lisp/vc/
>     edited               lisp/vc/vc-bzr.el
>     edited               lisp/vc/vc.el
>                          m4/
> *   edited               m4/gl-comp.m4
> *   unregistered         m4/sha1.m4
>                          src/
>     edited               src/deps.mk
>     edited               src/fns.c

> So when committing what to do with those changes?

Since these all seem to be related to the addition of the sha1 module
from gnulib (as opposed to being unrelated changes brought in by the
"sync with latest gnulib" that happened as a side-effect), I'd include
them in the commit in the normal way (i.e. more or less as if you'd
done those changes by hand, tho the ChangeLog can be a bit more concise).

        Stefan