Re: idn.el and confusables.txt

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: idn.el and confusables.txt
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 16:42:57 -0300

> IMHO idn.el and confusables.txt should go into the Emacs trunk so they
> can generate first-class character properties for `C-u x ='.  Stefan,
> Chong, what do you think?

I don't know enough about the way we handle Unicode tables to know.
It does sound like confusables.txt could be turned into
a lisp/international/uni-confusables.el, but I don't know whether there
is a large benefit from having it part of Emacs as opposed to having it
in GNU ELPA.  As for idn.el, I haven't seen the file, and don't know
what uses it, so I can't judge.

        Stefan