Re: dired.c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: dired.c
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:50:27 +0300

> Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 23:08:50 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Perhaps we should move the setjmp-related part of lisp.h
> into a different header, anyway, for modularity purposes?
> Only a few modules (alloc.c and eval.c come to mind)
> need to know about the internals of struct handler and
> struct catchtag, surely.

Yes, that'd be a very good change, thanks.

In general, any modularization of lisp.h are very welcome, since
lisp.h is included by every Emacs source file, and so any changes in
it trigger massive recompilations.

When I was young, tall, and blond (and our compilation machines were a
lot slower), I suggested that to Richard, and he said it would be a
good job, but he doubted it would be easy.  Alas, I never got to do
that.