line-move-down-up

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: line-move-down-up
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:30:29 +0900

A Soare writes:

 > (defun line-move-down (n)
 >   (let ((column (current-column))

Oops, no interactive declaration.  I gather you haven't even tried
these functions at home?  Proposing two global bindings is a little
early I suppose....

Besides, if I understand what the function actually does, it's mostly
subsumed by transpose-lines, which already has a binding C-x C-t, and
(at least in the Emacsen I'm using) a nifty feature of exchanging the
lines containing point and mark respectively when the argument is 0.