ELisp function prototypes and local function name

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: ELisp function prototypes and local function name
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:36:38 -0500

I often find myself needing to know the prototype of a function I'm
calling dynamically.  Is there a way to get that?  The ELisp reference
manual doesn't have the info AFAICT.

Also I'd like to have a simple way (tracing backwards through frames is
not it, because every form and its cousin get in there) to get the
symbol of the currently running function.  So I could say:

(defun blah ()
  (format "running in function %s" __FUNCTION_NAME__))

=> "running in function blah"

(defun info (function-name)
  (format "called from function %s" function-name))

(defun blah ()
   (info __FUNCTION_NAME__))

=> "called from function blah"

Is that possible?