Re: Failed to compile from last bzr repo

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Failed to compile from last bzr repo
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:41:10 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

    >> takes just a tiny bit loner (especially with -O0 and all assertions
    >> enabled).
    > Because of it being slower during all the .el compilations, you mean?
    > I regularly build both -O2 --enable-checking and -O0 --enable-checking
    > and I haven't seen much difference, but now I'm curious.

    I don't know, to tell you the truth: I always compile with -O0, unions,
    and all assertions I can think of enabled.  And I tend to find it
    significantly slower than the rare few times that I do a test
    build with all default settings.  But I never bothered to measure it.

Where do you find the configure information that you and Juanma are
discussing?  I've poked around, but I haven't found anything beyond
configure --help.  The INSTALL files don't say, right?  The assertions,
CFLAGs and so on, where are they listed?