Re: Failed to compile from last bzr repo

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Failed to compile from last bzr repo
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 12:39:57 -0400

> Sorry if this information can be found elsewhere but, in general, when
> do you have to make bootstrap?

If there was a simple constructive answer to this, we'd do
it automatically.  But as of now, the best I can come up with is:
when "make" doesn't work but "make bootstrap" does; which probably
doesn't help you much.

        Stefan

PS: In your particular case, the issue is that cconv.el uses a new
feature in pcase.el, so removing pcase.elc and then "make" will help.
IIRC you'll bump into a few more problems after that, but removing
a few more .elc files (byte-opt, bytecomp, subr) and src/bootstrap
can get you over the hump.

        Stefan "who *very* rarely bootstraps because it takes ages on
                his machine"