Re: vc-annotate and jump to a specific line

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: vc-annotate and jump to a specific line
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:28:40 +0200

>> Regarding Re: vc-annotate and jump to a specific line; Juanma Barranquero
>> <address@hidden> adds:

   > On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:33, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
   >> No, edebug also did not give anything useful.

   > Are you able to reproduce the effect with a file which
   > I can annotate (one on the Emacs sources, for example)?
   > I'm curious about the problem, because moving to the
   > right line is straightforward enough that there
   > shouldn't be any discrepancy.

I did some more testing and it might be that part of the
problem is hidden deep in my init file. So I have to dig
this out myself.

However I tried emacs -no-init and then the function worked
better. By better I mean it worked fine even in files with a
lot of checkins but only in the branch where the version
number started with 1.X, for version whose version number
started with 2. your function behaved in the way I
described.

I have only access to emacs 22.1 at the moment.
What about taking simple.el?
I think this file should the
same for emacs 22 and 23?
Thanks