Re: (patch) sort cycling completion candidates

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: (patch) sort cycling completion candidates
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:46:54 -0500

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:40:24 -0400 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

SM> Taking a closer look at those patches, I now wonder: should it take
SM> precedence over the "recently used" preference, as Antoine's does,
SM> or not?  I'd tend to think it should not, as in the patch below.

>> I think either order is OK so whatever you think is right...

SM> I've installed something,

I see it came with r103674 but the notes are just in the ChangeLog and
in the source code.  Do you want a doc patch or is it too early for
that?

Also what about the completion candidate sorting (with
:completion-penalty and :completion-candidate-penalty properties to
supplement :completion-cycle-penalty)?  Do you think that's worthwhile?

Thanks
Ted