RE: save-excursion and save-current-buffer - edits to the manual

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: save-excursion and save-current-buffer - edits to the manual
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:45:42 -0700

> > The right solution is to get rid of the misguided message, IMO.
>
> If you want your messages to be useful, better start by
> forgetting about this option.

As I said earlier, I made my peace with this misguided message long ago, knowing
your intention to keep it.

Nevertheless, it is MHO that it should be removed, and I haven't been convinced
otherwise.  I think my messages about this are generally thought out and useful,
even if they don't persuade you in particular.  Just because someone expresses
disagreement, that does not make his expression useless.