Re: State of the CEDET merge

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: State of the CEDET merge
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:13:52 +0100

Lluís writes:
> In fact, I'm only tracking changes introduced in Emacs. But not those
> introduced after my last merge for a specific file (these will have to
> be manually re-checked).
>
> Changes in the cedet trunk should be automatically merged when I merge
> the branch.

I must admit I don't fully understand the 'file-rename' branch,
especially at what point you would call this branch "finished". Could
you (very roughly) outline how you plan to merge the different versions
in the end? Since both versions differ substantially, I guess you would
need some kind of diff-file which contains the (wanted) differences
between the two versions, like the Gnus people use?

> All this, added with my lack of elisp skill, knowledge on cedet
> internals and knowledge on what has been changed and why, make the task
> a tough one.

It would help if you could name some concrete tasks which have to be
done next. I've seen the 'open_issues' file, but I don't really
understand those items listed there. Please don't take these questions
the wrong way; I very much appreciate your work you've already done on
the merge and the bzr transition.

-David