Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:27:29 -0700

>>>>> "Dimitri" == Dimitri Fontaine <address@hidden> writes:

Dimitri> The difference is that I'm after a solution where it's possible to
Dimitri> achieve that with *no* editing of the user-init-file.  At all.  So that
Dimitri> my el-get installer will just drop a file in `user-load-dir`.

Your use case is completely solved by package.el.  First, package el-get
as a package (trivial).  Second, have an autoload cookie in el-get that
loads the code from some directory.

Why do you think you need anything more?

Tom