Re: where to send patches

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: where to send patches
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:31:25 -0500

Chong Yidong wrote:

>> I did think about adding "Severity: normal" to the M-x report-emacs-bug
>> boilerplate, and inviting people to adjust it if they wished. But maybe
>> it makes reporting more complicated for little gain?
>
> It should be for Emacs developers to decide bug severity, not the
> reporters.

Ultimately, yes, but people can suggest what they think the severity
should be. Minor for a doc typo, wishlist for a feature (anything with
"feature request" etc in the subject is automatically classified as
wishlist), important for a crash, etc. They have been able to do this
for as long as we have been using debbugs. But I agree that it is not
hugely helpful by itself.