Passing flags using vc-do-command

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Passing flags using vc-do-command
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 18:53:15 +0100

Hello everyone,

I'm writing a VC backend for Surround SCM, a version control program that is
used at my work.  I try to use vc-do-command to call the CLI of Surround, but
that's giving me some problems.  For example, to check out version 3 of file
"some_file.txt", you need to issue:

  sscm checkout some_file.txt -v3

So you need to pass the switch "checkout" before the file name and "-v3" after
the file name.  vc-do-command does not seem to support that.  As far as I can
tell, it only allows me to pass flags before the file name.  Am I missing
something?  If not, what would be the best way to remedy the situation?

Regards,

  Lute Kamstra