debugging pre-write-conversion in define-coding-system

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: debugging pre-write-conversion in define-coding-system
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:55:33 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

I'm updating my cjk-enc.el package (part of the CJK bundle for LaTeX)
to replace make-coding-system with define-coding-system.  However, I
can't debug it.

In previous Emacs versions, I've instrumented the function used for
the pre-write-conversion hook, and the debugger correctly stops there.
However, with a rather recent Emacs (bzr compiled on 2011-01-01) this
no longer works.  Is this a bug?  Am I missing something?

    Werner