Re: How do I get ediff-buffers3 to ignore space changes?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: How do I get ediff-buffers3 to ignore space changes?
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 15:46:37 +0100

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 22:29:48 +0100
>>
>> First: Is there anyone who actually have succeeded in getting
>> ediff-buffers3 to ignore white space changes?
>
> Please explain what exactly you mean by "ignore white space changes".

If there are only white space changes then I want ediff to not tell me
about this difference (and not show it).

> Off-hand, I'd suggest to try using "-bBw" in the Diff switches.  But
> if that doesn't do what you want, it means you didn't explain what you
> expect to happen.

It made no difference for ediff-buffers3. I still have 1200 diffs.

However when I try to run ediff-buffers (just two buffers) I now get
"invalid switch (shown in *ediff-errors*).

Those options I changed where `ediff-diff-options' and
`ediff-custom-diff-options'.

I am sorry but I do not understand what is unclear in my description.