Re: bug in copy-directory

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: bug in copy-directory
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:17:13 +0100

Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:

>> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I would prefer option 2). There is no need to have an extra dired
>>> implementation, now we have copy-directory.
>>
>> So i made first steps:
>>
>> - Create new function copy-directory-contents based on old
>> copy-directory code.
>>
>> - Use it in dired-copy-file-recursive instead of copy-directory.
>>
>> Seems to work fine.
> There was an error though.
>
> Now the last fix. (sent to Chong)
> I think that's correct:
> Use a new function copy-directory1 that can be reused by copy-directory,
> avoiding duplicate code.

I haven't had time yet to review this patch (and the previous one) in
detail (pressure @work). On a first view, there is at least the problem
that `copy-directory1' calls the file name handler for `copy-directory'
- this is bad.

> This function use an extra arg `create-struct'.
> When this arg is used copy-directory1 works like actual copy-directory.
> Otherwise it does like before and doesn't break dired.

Why not adding this optional parameter to `copy-directory'? Then you
won't need `copy-directory1'.

> Thanks Michael and Chong.

Best regards, Michael.