Re: gud slowness?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: gud slowness?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:30:35 +0900

address@hidden writes:
> I'm debugging Inkscape with gud, but its so slow as to be unusable.
> Plain gdb debugging is not so slow.
>
> Is this to be expected with trunk emacs or should I make a bug report?

I usually use "M-x gud-gdb" instead of "M-x gdb".

The former uses the old-style emacs gdb interface, and in general seems
to be much more usable and less buggy than the "new" emacs gdb code.

[This situation has been true basically as long as the new code has been
in emacs (~4 years?), and I've seen little indication that this is going
to change soon.]

-Miles

--
Scriptures, n. The sacred books of our holy religion, as distinguished from
the false and profane writings on which all other faiths are based.