Re: Files from gnulib

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Files from gnulib
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 06:07:27 +0200

> Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:29:37 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, bug-gnulib <address@hidden>
>
> Developers on Microsoft Windows platforms all have access to
> better file systems these days, surely.

I'm talking only about the MSDOS port.  The Windows port has no
problems with these file names.

It must be possible to build the MSDOS port on plain DOS, because
Emacs is one of a couple of GNU programs (another one is Make) that
are built first, because without them you have no usable development
environment.  That is why Emacs on MSDOS is built using a minimal set
of tools, although DJGPP has an excellent port of Bash, which could be
used to run the configure script.

> So, other than c++defs.h, I don't see the need for renaming these
> files.

Given the responses from Stefan and myself, please reconsider.  Again,
I'm willing to do the job myself if needed, if you could guide me
through the gnulib maze.

TIA