Re: Mac OS X fullscreen

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Mac OS X fullscreen
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 10:07:51 +0000 (UTC)

Žiga Lenarčič <ziga.lenarcic <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Please include the Mac OS X fullscreen patch in the next version, so I
> don't have to use separately compiled version.
> http://cloud.github.com/downloads/typester/emacs/feature-fullscreen.patch

Hi,

I reviewed this last spring and it needs a bit of work before being acceptable
into the mainline.  Specifically, it needs to be updated to use the
emacs-official fullscreen hooks rather than a platform-specific-function
ns-toggle-fulscreen.  Also a copyright assignment from the author would be
needed.  I was unable to find any sort of contact information for him and
therefore could not get in touch.

David Reitter, the Aquamacs maintainer, mentioned that he had been in touch with
him and thought it might be possible to integrate the Aquamacs code for the
fullscreen hook with this implementation.  But nothing has moved since then.  I
admit I haven't been motivated to work on it myself since I have no interest in
the feature.  :-/

The best way to get this moving forward would be to get in touch with David and
see if you can reach the author through him for copyright assignment, and also
see if the code in Aquamacs (see below) is now in sufficient form to merge.

http://github.com/davidswelt/aquamacs-emacs/tree/topic/fullscreen

thanks,
Adrian