Re: Bikeshedding go! Why is <M-f4> unbound?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Bikeshedding go! Why is <M-f4> unbound?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:02:46 +0800

On 14/01/2011 08:21, Lennart Borgman wrote:

More specifically the events should come as the following sequence:

Alt Down
F4 Down with Alt modifier set
F4 Up with Alt modifier set
Alt Up

If the second event is passed to Windows to handle, I suspect the third
event may not arrive to Emacs.
Is then all we have to do pass the second event to Windows?

That is the easy part. The more difficult part is checking whether the key is bound in Emacs first. Does your low level keyboard hook patch already do something like this? Otherwise adding a default binding on Windows only to send the SC_CLOSE system event is another way of handling it that is closer to the system behaviour than the alternative bindings that have been suggested here.