Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 08:04:45 -0700

>>>>> "Jambunathan" == Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

Jambunathan> Like Orgmode, for example?
Jambunathan> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OpenDocument
Jambunathan> Above link talks of odf-mode and odt2org.
Jambunathan> Not so long ago, I had used odf-mode and was quite unhappy
Jambunathan> with the text extraction it was doing. I haven't tried
Jambunathan> odt2org though.

I also tried odf-mode with little joy.

I think it could probably be improved.  And, I think this would be
useful to do -- working with some reasonable subset of ODF would be
useful, if not perfect.  I think some other ODF editors also only handle
subsets.

One problem is that ODF is very large and has a lot of things that are
difficult or impossible to display in Emacs.

Tom