Re: Participate in Emacs development

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Participate in Emacs development
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 20:51:52 -0500

> I would love to to work on Emacs, currently i'm working on a elisp
> program that add some IDE like feature to Emacs like project
> management and other stuff, i'm not satisfied with EDE or CEDET, so
> I started my own.

It'd be good to thoroughly document the reasons for your
dissatisfaction, to help someone who may want to combine the best of
both worlds, or anyone who wants to choose between those
different alternatives.
It will also be a form of documentation of your approach (and of
EDE/CEDET's at the same time).

> let me know if there were jobs for me todo.

As mentioned, etc/TODO has some ideas, as does the bug database.

        Stefan