Re: Selected text -> system clipboard on NS?

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Selected text -> system clipboard on NS?
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 07:47:06 +0200

Chong Yidong kirjoitti 2010/12/07 kello 19:09:

> Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure how x-select-enable-clipboard' is interpreted under X.
>> From the docstring, it seems that if it is set, you still need to
>> explicitly "cut" the text for it to show up on the clipboard, rather
>> than merely selecting it.
>
> The docstring for x-select-enable-clipboard says that it currently has
> no effect on NS.  It would be good to bring the NS port in line with the
> others; i.e. the NS branch of the code in x-select-text should obey
> x-select-enable-clipboard.

If I'm understanding the doc string correctly, there would be nothing to do
under NS since clipboard is always used when explicitly cutting/copying text on
NS (like Windows).  Probably the doc could be improved to clarify that NS and
Windows are similar here (though NS *does* have a primary as I mentioned
before).

>> we (or at least I ;-) would want the option to send selected (but not
>> yet cut/copied) text to clipboard (and also primary).
>
> Maybe you want to customize mouse-drag-copy-region.

Thanks!

-Adrian