Re: Emacs 23 Mac port

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 19:01:56 +0900

> BTW, `mac-mouse-wheel-smooth-scroll' does not work reliably. It can
> freeze emacs (Can't be interrupted by C-g). So I am not using it for
> now.

I've never experienced this.  If it does not happen with -Q, then your
configuration has something to do with this problem.

Also, because the actual scrolling code is mostly implemented at the
Lisp level (without touching inhibit-quit), your problem may indicate
that there is some infinite loop or hang possibly in the
platform-independent part such as redisplay.  Identifying the place of
infinite loop or hang using a debugger may help (see the "If the
symptom of the bug is that Emacs fails to respond" section in
etc/DEBUG).

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden