Re: Elisp implementation of list-processes

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: Elisp implementation of list-processes
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:48:17 -0500

   From: Leo <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:12:05 +0000

   On 2010-11-30 06:05 +0000, Bob Rogers wrote:
   > A nearly complete Elisp implementation of Flist_processes is included
   > below; feedback welcome . . .

   I think your version follows the C version more closely . . .

Yes, I was trying hard to stick to the original list-processes
formatting, including the presentation of networking process types.

   In my version (as attached), I use list of plists for processes (See:
   emacs-process-info) and then display that in a buffer with KEY
   designates the heading and omit columns with 0 width.

I see you've gone to the trouble of making a whole mode for it; I was
visualizing something more light-weight, just a drop-in replacement for
the existing command.  But if Stefan prefers a mode, it would make sense
to graft some of my connection-formatting code into your mode.

   Stefan?

                                        -- Bob