Re: flymake and filenames matching [0-9]+.tex

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: flymake and filenames matching [0-9]+.tex
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:26:58 -0500

Rob Browning wrote:

> A Debian bug has been filed against emacs23[1] complaining that flymake
> won't work on TeX files whose names end in [0-9]+.tex.
>
> Since there is a regex in flymake-allowed-file-name-masks that matches
> those filenames, I suspect the behavior is intentional -- I was hoping
> someone could verify that.

I suspect whoever wrote that used the convention:

  master.tex:
  %% This is the master file.

  %% These are included files. These cannot be latex'd directly,
  %% instead latex the main file.
  \input{chapter1.tex}
  \input{chapter2.tex}

Who knows how widespread that convention is, but since it is a
defcustom, anyone can change their personal setting.

It seems a bit limited, since eg it does not work for \include as well
(easily fixed though), and it does not work if the .tex extension is
omitted from the \input command.