Re: emacs-20101122 windows binaries

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: emacs-20101122 windows binaries
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:43:59 -0500

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

    >  - Releases should or should not include debug info?

    In my experience, users complain (still in 2010) about the size of the
    binary if it changes drastically between releases. So shipping without
    debug info avoids such complaints at the expense that bugs are harder to
    debug (but most users that would be willing to debug for you will be
    using the snapshots or willing to build from source anyway).

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

    Actually, this discussion made me realize that we want the release
    package to be distributed without debug info: if we need debug info we
    might as well ask the user to install the snapshot version.

Thank you for your patience (I looked in my .notes:  this is the second
time both of you have told me this) and for thinking this out.