Re: The window-pub branch

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: The window-pub branch
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:30:45 +0100

>> But I'm not sure how to resolve the conflict when a matching entry can
>> be found in both `display-buffer-names' and `display-buffer-symbols'.
>
> If a single var is used, there's no such conflict.

So why did we have two for the same-window- and special-display-
options?

>         Stefan "who'd then be tempted to request some partial order on
>                 the symbols used, so you can set an entry in
>                 display-buffer-names for `ediff-sources' and have it
>                 take effect for both `ediff-A' and `ediff-B' buffers."

The values of my options currently specify a partial order with all name
based values preceding the regexp based ones.  Do I understand correctly
that you want, for example, show a buffer matching some regexp usually
on a separate frame while ediff can override that and put it in one and
the same frame together with the other buffer(s)?

martin