Re: Updating *vc-dir* marks from *VC-log*

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Updating *vc-dir* marks from *VC-log*
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:43:19 -0500

>    Perhaps I'm slow, but I only just noticed that it is possible to work
> on multiple VC commits for the same working copy in parallel, just by
> renaming *VC-log* buffers.  This is cool; it perfectly suits my working
> style.  I would like to write it up for the Emacs manual so that others
> can find it.

Hmm... I'd like to change VC-Log so that it always commits what's
selected in vc-dir at the time of the commit rather than at the time the
VC-Log buffer is opened (with a confirmation prompt to the user when the
two sets are actually different).

In the common case where the user only uses a single VC-Log buffer, it
is better than the current situation since it makes your
log-edit-visit-files-in-vc-dir completely unnecessary.

But I'm not sure how to best handle your use case where you have several
VC-Log buffers, then.

        Stefan