Re: Emacs tool bar on Fedora14

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Emacs tool bar on Fedora14
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:02:00 -0500

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> I added a keyword :vert-only to tool bar items to do this and added it
> to some of the items in the default and Info tool bars.

Thanks.

> Even with most icons being just images, the Emacs tool bars tend to be
> quite long.  Maybe clean out some items?

We can remove "Save As"; in most applications this is considered rare
enough to be left to the menu-bar.  We can also remove the "Customize"
button.

Also, we should remove the print icon---currently this sends to the
printer spool without even a warning, which is a real nuisance if you
misclick and are visiting, say, a 10MB file.  We need to fix the
menu-bar item for the same reason.