Re: Merging emacs-23 into trunk

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Merging emacs-23 into trunk
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:38:54 -0500

> Can you make it just skip merging configure altogether?

It "resolves" the conflict automatically by undoing the change.  But you
could easily add "configure" to the regexp of "commit message words that
indicate you might want to skip this commit".  It didn't seem worth the
trouble since I'd expect "configure" to often be committed together with
the corresponding change to configure.in.

> It's pointless to merge this generated file between branches, and it
> creates merge diffs that are largely noise (eg most recent merge of
> emacs23 to trunk).

AFAIK the merge I just committed should not have changed ./configure.

        Stefan