Re: character composition seems much worse than before

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: character composition seems much worse than before
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 20:18:34 +0900

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>> fails as I described before (most importantly, fails to combine
>> characters at all when auto-composition-mode is enabled).
>
> Note that bistream vera contains very few characters, and none of the
> combining characters.  Perhaps the issue is that the two characters are
> taken from different fonts?

You are right!

That explains things.

It seems that since Dejavu is pretty much a superset of Bitstream Vera,
the former should always be preferred if both are installed (I have both
installed here); I wonder where that should be done...

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Happiness, n. An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of
another.