Re: character composition seems much worse than before

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: character composition seems much worse than before
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 12:53:25 +0900

Oh, one more issue:

 + Previous, cursor-movement would treat char+combining-accent as a
   single unit (whereas text modification commands would not); this was
   pretty convenient, and basically seemed the right thing.

   Now cursor movement movement seems to stop "between" the character
   and its combining accents, with a little thin-line cursor.  If there
   are multiple combining accents, it stops at _each_ position, moving
   the thin cursor one pixel for each -- and even worse, there seems to
   be a single-pixel of "whitespace" for each accent!  I think it's very
   wrong for multiple accents to result in extra whitespace....!

[Ok, maybe that's two related issues...]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?