Re: configure{.in,} question

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: configure{.in,} question
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:37:48 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I often end up with problems because of configure and
>> src/config.in.
>
> Including with bzr?  What problems are those?

If you run autoconf locally (which I think is good practice), and you
did not use the same version as the person who last committed
configure, you WILL get a conflict when you update. Eg

I update and build my local copy of Emacs with a script, and I run
`bzr revert --no-backup configure src/config.in'
before `bzr pull/up' (and later `autoconf') to avoid this problem.

> a feature on the Bazaar list.  If you get lucky, you could have a POC
> plugin in a matter of days.

But we cannot make everyone who checks out Emacs from bzr use said
plugin.