Re: address@hidden: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr move from sftp://

From: B Smith-Mannschott
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr move from sftp:// to bzr+ssh:// [done]]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 16:03:41 +0200

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 14:39, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> FYI

> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:57:17 +0200
> From: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr move from sftp:// to bzr+ssh://
>        [done]
>
> Hi,
>
> The migration should be completed now.
>
> bzr:// and bzr+ssh:// are enabled.
> sftp:// is disabled.
>
> Your project bzr page is updated with the new URLs, e.g.:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=emacs
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=pdf

The instructions on these pages are certain to be frustrating for a newbie:

> For a repository with separate branch directories (trunk, devel, …), use:
>
>     bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/branch

There is no branch named "devel". There is no obvious way to learn the
names of available branches. Should we guess?

> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs

the web-based repository browser
is broken:

> "loggerhead disabled due to unstability; if you're interesting in maintaining
> it, please contact us"

s/unstability/instability/

> For a repository with only a top-level .bzr directory, use:
>     bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs

What does that even mean? Is it some sort of mangled allusion to 'bzr
init' versus 'bzr init-repository'? It doesn't work as written since
'emacs' is not a branch.

// Ben