Re: Emacs Windows FAQ

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: Emacs Windows FAQ
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 22:51:12 +0100

On 9/25/2010 8:40 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

That FAQ has become obsolete a long time ago.  Most of its information
is outdated and misleading.  In particular, many "problems" it
mentions were solved in the stock Emacs sources long ago.  IMO, this
FAQ should be simply removed from the GNU Emacs site.

I would prefer if you keep it around but perhaps add a note at the top saying
that parts of it may be out of date.

Just the other day, I answered somebody's query in emacs.help newsgroup by
referring to the FAQ.  It didn't give him the right answer, but it pointed him
in the right direction.  The FAQ still has tons of information that I don't
find anywhere else.

If you need somebody to maintain it, I am glad to take it on.

Oh, and, Thanks to Richard for explaining the reason why Emacs is supported on
Windows.  I didn't know there was such a coherent reason.  Like I was saying
this morning, free software developers don't have to explain anything.  But it
is nice when they do.

Cheers,
Uday