Re: Emacs core TLS support

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Emacs core TLS support
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:35:33 +0200

Jason Earl <address@hidden> writes:

> While you are at it you might want to consider doing something with
> nntp-authinfo-file.  Perhaps it should use auth-sources as well?

It should, but since the auth-source interface is in a flux, I don't
think that has to happen yet.

> This probably means that I am not actually testing the built
> in gnutls connections.  Right?

Right.

> and I get
>   Does Emacs use -lgnutls (BROKEN)?                       yes
> What else do I need to do?

Nothing uses the built-in gnutls support yet, but if you want to test
it, say

(progn
  (require 'gnutls)
  (open-ssl-stream "imap" (current-buffer) "imap.gmail.com" "imaps"))

If you get a greeting, it works.  :-)

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen