Re: Emacs and TLS support (Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen)

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Emacs and TLS support (Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:13:37 +0530

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> To:address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:00:39 +0200
> Subject: Re: Emacs and TLS support
> dhruva <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Now, I try to cajole gnus to use starttls, it just refuses to use it
>> and keeps defaulting to gnutls-cli or openssl. This is when I stopped
>> and decided to take a break.
>
> This is controlled by `tls-program'.
>
> Guessing from your description of the problem, I'd say the most likely
> problem is an invalid certificate on the IMAP server, which means that
> you want:
>
> (setq tls-program '("gnutls-cli --insecure -p %p %h"))

Dumb on my part, I realized our server uses 'imap' and not 'imaps'. I
guess the default in gnus
has changed from 'imap' to 'imaps'. Starttls I guess figures out and
does the right thing where as
gnutls-cli barfs if the endpoint does not support secure communication.

Just setting nnimap-stream to network works for me!

Thanks,
dhruva