Re: Problems with xml-parse-string

From: Andrew W. Nosenko
Subject: Re: Problems with xml-parse-string
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 02:43:41 +0300

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 03:04, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>> As for the :foo node names, we can map them to anything else if
>> required.  Pick an invalid XML character -- any one will do, if this is
>> important.
>
> How 'bout =foo ?

Another way to disappear the problem: just prefix _every_ name, and
nodes and attributes.  Nodes by the one symbol (e.g. by '.' (dot)), an
attributes by another (e.g. by current ':' (colon)).

<node attr="val"/>    becomes ".node" and ":attr"
<:node :attr="val/>    becomes ".:node" and "::attr"
<.node .attr="val"/>    becomes "..node" and ":.attr" if dot allowed
at the first char of name at all

In this case you avoid ambiguity whether 1st char is part of original
name or introduced as the "type sign" by engine.  Just because it
always is the "type sign" and introduced by engine.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <address@hidden>