Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:56:22 +0200

RMS suggested to poll the users for such issues.

This was also suggested many times when the list was discussing t-m-m to
be turned on by default.

There wasn't any poll.

A poll is never an easy thing to do: you need to make a clear proposal,
you need to have a thoughtful discussion with clear arguments, you need
to be confident that enough users we participate to the poll, and you
need to take some time and energy to actually run the poll.

But besides that, is there any reason why no poll has been made so far?

This is not a rhetoric question: maybe Emacs history has shown polls are
not effective, leading to more debate and less consensus; or maybe users
don't like polls.

But I'd be interested to understand what prevents a poll to happen.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien