Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:24:56 +0900

>     Thanks.  But we're discussing here what to do with C-d: for `delete' we
>     already decided that it should delete an active region (by default).
>     Whether you agree with this `delete' behavior is irrelevant.
>
> It won't bother anyone for `delete' to delete the region.  Making
> `backspace' do so is the change that will bother lots of users.

But it's also the only such change that really matters for
newbie-friendless.

[and again, for the record, I find "backspace deletes region" to be
absolutely no problem for me in practice.  It's C-d that sucks...]

-Miles

--
Friendship, n. A ship big enough to carry two in fair weather, but only one
in foul.