Re: Cleanup of byte-compiled files missing?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Cleanup of byte-compiled files missing?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:37:40 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:41:05 -0400
>

> >   -rw-r--r-- 1 larsi larsi    937 Sep 14 22:22 rfc2045.elc12983Xpj
>
> kill-emacs-hook is apparently now run on SIGTERM, but not in
> batch-mode, so I don't know what to do about this.

Here's a thought: make the temporary file and moving it to the .elc
file explicit in the Makefile, then you might be able to solve this
using Make features, at least on platforms that use GNU Make.  Make
automatically deletes targets whose processing was interrupted, and
you can use various special targets like .INTERMEDIATE and
.DELETE_ON_ERROR to tune and control this.