Re: e and pi

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: e and pi
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:52:20 +0200

* Stefan Monnier [2010-09-16 15:44] writes:

> Still, I think this is more dangerous than renaming e and pi

Yes, probably.

> (which are
> admittedly very rarely used).

If we assume that e is a commonly used name for local variables, then it
would be rather unreliable to use e as constant in a function (since
callers are likely to bind e).  About the only place one could use it
safely would be top-level code (defvar etc.).  So I guess that e the
constant is indeed used very rarely.

Helmut