Re: Compiling Elisp to a native code with a GCC plugin

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Compiling Elisp to a native code with a GCC plugin
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:05:32 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2010-09-15 16:51 +0100, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> looking-at probably compiles the regexp, so there might be unnecessary
>> overhead there.  (The regexp compilation and caching and stuff.)
>>
>> Is there any function like
>>
>> (is-the-string-following-point-equal-to-this-string-p "foo ")
>>
>> in Emacs that I've overlooked somehow?
>
> Can you build one using compare-strings?

More likely compare-buffer-substrings.  It would be nicer if
compare-strings just accepted a buffer as either of its string
arguments.  Sure, one can use buffer-substring-no-properties with
compare-strings or (with-temp-buffer (insert ... with
compare-buffer-substrings, but that feels clumsy in comparison.

--
David Kastrup