Re: Problems with xml-parse-string

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: Problems with xml-parse-string
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:58:24 -0700

> I personally don't like the libxml- prefix.

Adding the name of the optional external dependency allows us to
create a function that uses the external version if available and
falls back to an internal one if not.  I don't know if Emacs has a
convention for handling this, but I think we're likely to want one
soon (with libxml2 and GNUTLS being the first two users).

Is there already a convention for handling this that I don't know?

*Chad