Re: Linking Emacs with libxml2

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: Linking Emacs with libxml2
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:23:02 -0700

It looks like there might also be an issue with fink/MacPorts/etc using an
out-of-date version of pkg-config itself.

*Chad

On Sep 13, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Chad Brown wrote:

On Sep 13, 2010, at 11:37 AM, Leo wrote:

What did you do to get it to build with the system's libxml2? I am also
on 10.6.4. But there is not indication of whether libxml2 can be found
or not when running configure script.

set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include /usr/lib/pkgconfig early.

I just set mine to /usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig directly, but
I'm not using fink or MacPorts or any other automatic package system,
and I don't have Gnome installed.

*Chad